Carbon Monoxide- What you need to know

As most of us know, Carbon Monoxide poisoning from faulty appliances is an extremely serious matter, as incidents can lead to death.

Domestic Appliance Helpline specialise in the repair and servicing of Gas Cookers, Gas Ovens and Gas Hobs. As such, we’d like to bring you regular advice and information regarding this subject. The following physical symptoms are extremely important to identify if you suspect an individual to be suffering from Carbon Monoxide poisoning:

  • headaches or dizziness
  • breathlessness
  • nausea
  • loss of consciousness
  • tiredness
  • pains in the chest or stomach
  • erratic behaviour
  • visual problems

You can also find further detailed information on the following links:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic/co.htm
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/carbon-monoxide-poisoning/pages/introduction.aspx
http://www.hse.gov.uk/riddor/index.htm